SharePoint is basically a huge platform created by Microsoft in order to overcome the issues and problems that every organizations suffers at the time of development and in managing the work properly so that the business process must be accurate and fast. This platform not only give the organizations a normal solution but also give a platform or framework to make solutions for other organizations by understanding and requirements and the business flow.
There many SharePoint features some of them are mentioned:
In this article we will focus on the SharePoint feature of websites. In SharePoint they provide a list of templates and framework to design and create your own website. However the site can be of any type can be business, blog and personal website as well.
As SharePoint is a connected platform in which any one connected with that business process it can edit the website or any type of file or even work together vice versa.
Deploy and Configure Web part
The deployment and configuration in a SharePoint environment for any web part is easy and however provides a robust way to configure the web parts according to the requirements and even deploy it on site with its powerful tools.
For deployment following are the process used:
- PowerShell process: In PowerShell process following are the main process involved in deploying a web part on site. This process is done using visual studio integrating and making connection with SharePoint.
- Create a new Visual Web Part : This process involves in creating new web parts by applying templates and some process are attached in which we provide solutions and packages in order to attach some other process
- Create a solution file for the Web Part : by creating new solution we can add new libraries in the web part so that we can enhance our site with new features
- Use PowerShell to add and install the solution: we have to add SP-solution and install PowerShell so that we can deploy our web part. In the installation process we enter some commands so that we can integrate with our visual studio.
These commands are applied so that PowerShell can be integrated
Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath “YourPath\WebPartManualDeployment.wsp”
If the command succeededs then please continue with the following command:
Install-SPSolution -Identity “WebPartManualDeployment.wsp” -GACDeployment -WebApplication
- Activate the Web Part : The web part can be activate by opening the site and just go to the site collection features in site settings and from there we will be directed to the screen where we see the list of web parts from their we choose our web part click on activate
- Insert the Web Part into the site: now we can easily use the web part by just going to edit site settings and choose the web part button we can easily update the site with web part which we create.
- Creating web part using visual studio 2012: in visual studio 2012 it provides a various functions and options to deploy and configure web parts in share point. In the project making menu we have option of visual web part SharePoint option by clicking and entering the name of the project. After this we select the solution we want to apply in our web part. However, in visual studio we can also develop custom solutions for SharePoint as because this platform Is provided for customization and ease for the business process.
Deploying web part:
To deploy the web part, right click on the project and click on deploy. During deployment, in the output window you can observe all the steps that are happening for the first time, see the below screenshot.
Some of the important steps are
- Configuring the Sandbox code service
- Adding solution
- Deploying solution
- Activate Features
These steps are followed in visual studio to configure web part.
However, to create a better business follow we can also use SharePoint for Custom business solutions known as Custom business development solutions by SharePoint.