E-commerce platforms are gaining a considerable space in the digital space. Be it a small business or an enterprise; the owners are now shifting to e-commerce to sell their products and receive payments. The rapid increase in the best CMS platforms for e-commerce has also allowed launching an e-commerce store fairly quickly.
But when you start searching for the best cms platform for e-commerce, you got confused between the numerous choices available. To bring your idea to life the platform you choose should not lag behind in any aspect. That is why it is imperative to research before you opt for any e-commerce platform.
Moreover, the emerging trends of e-commerce have also made it difficult to predict the future as every year there’s a slight change. Machine Learning, AI, and digital wallets are influencing the e-commerce market and it will be heading beyond.
However, if you are planning to start your e-commerce store, it is significant to keep the new developments in mind. It will help to hold your potential users and engage the new ones.
Every e-commerce platform has their pros and cons so, when looking for the best cms for e-commerce, you shouldn’t forget to keep your business perspective in mind.
There are many e-commerce platforms that can help to build your online store but some of them stand out brilliantly from the crowd. They are not only easy to implement but are also trending in 2018.
Want to know? Read On..
5 Best CMS Platform for E-Commerce
Magento is an open source platform for e-commerce that was built in 2008. It is a flexible platform for B2B, B2C, and hybrid solutions. It offers vast customization options which makes it beyond than a shopping cart. You think for a site, and you can launch it quickly with Magento. It will help you to adopt the market needs better than ever and gain you maximum ROI. Brands like Ford, Olympus, Coca-cola leverage Magento store for their business functioning.
- SEO-Friendly: Magento is well-known for its optimization to modern web standards. Its advanced SEO solutions make your store search-engine friendly and prevailing among your audience.
- 3rd Party Integration: Magento allows 3rd party integrations that means you can connect your e-commerce experience with QuickBooks, PayPal, ebay, POS solutions and more.
- Multilingual: It offers multiple language support so that you can easily switch between languages.
- Plugins: With Magento you can not only customize the store the way you want but you can also utilize its plugin for payment, shipping, and other common needs.
Prestashop is an open source cms platform which is used by 250,000 online stores. It was launched in 2007 with the purpose to facilitate small business requirements at an affordable price. Having the market share of 7% in the top 1 million websites, it is widely available in 60 different languages. It’s easy customization and usability makes it to the list of best cms for e-commerce.
- You can Do It Yourself: With Prestashop, you don’t need a team of developers and abundant knowledge to implement the store. You can do it independently by gaining the better understanding of its functionalities.
- No License Fees: It is based on a cloud platform that saves you from shelling money on the additional license fee. When you sign in on the platform, you become a part of the Prestashop online community. This community professionals can help you in setting your online store, and also you can gain access to its source code.
Secure Payment: There is no need to worry about payment delay and fraudulent activities with Prestashop safe payment methods.
OpenCart is one of the best cms platforms for e-commerce – especially for beginners. It is popular for its intuitive interface and easy installation process. It successfully powers 342,000 online stores. Its simple structure makes it easy to adopt, and it is recommended for a small business community.
- Offers Tools Control: With a large number of features available on OpenCart you can acquire great control on the tools like export/import and search filters. The best part is that if any of the functionality goes missing, you can download extensions or modules to enable that functionality.
- Multi-Store Functionality: It supports multi-store functions which help you manage several stores from a single admin panel
- Lightweight: OpenCart uses AJAX technology which makes it lightweight and easy to use. Being lightweight also reduces the page load time for the end user.
If you are looking to branch out your e-commerce business, then Shopify is the right choice for you. It is used by 500,000 stores globally and has the market share of 10.03% in the top 1 million websites. Shopify is a comprehensive e-commerce solution offering all the features that you require to start the online store.
- Customizable: You can customize your shopping cart with the 160 themes available on the Shopify theme store – all of which are responsive.
- Secure & Reliable: Shopify is one of the reliable e-stores. It enables SSL certificates to encrypt data and pass it through a secure connection. With Shopify, you don’t need to worry about data breaches because they handle security compliance and hacker protection well.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Shopify’s customer support is available 24/7. If you need help, you can contact them via phone, email and live chat. In addition to it, they also provide documentation guides to help users.
5) DRUPAL COMMERCE
The blog would be incomplete if I let it go without Drupal Commerce. It is an open source platform which offers vast customized features to create an e-commerce site. It’s CMS is excellent and recommended if your products are non-traditional and require detailed description. It powers more than 50,000 online stores globally. Brands like Time Warner Music, Sprout Online leverage e-commerce as their shopping cart solution.
- Content Strategy: It is an awesome content management and social media marketing platform. You can not only define your products in detail but can also market it using its marketing features.
- Reporting & Analytics: You can read customer behaviors and pattern by tracking the visitors to your site and align your products with their choices.
The choice of the best cms platform for e-commerce depends on your business needs and target audience. So, if you are thinking to start your e-commerce business now is the time to do it. The top five best cms platform for e-commerce are not only trending in 2018 but will also continue to grow. Make sure you adopt them to be a dominant player in the competition
What are the factors you look in an e-commerce store and which one do you prefer?
What are your thoughts for the best cms for e-commerce? And which one will you prefer the most? Let’s discuss!